The world is going through some interesting times: a hangover from the boom of loose credit, house prices dropping in many cities, inflationary pressures and skyrocketing energy prices. This is our open-topic weekend post to discuss anything related to economics and real estate on the global and local level. Here are a few stories I’ve noticed this week:
– June 2008: Vancouver house prices drop slightly.
– Real estate inventory continues to grow
– Screen Actors Guild strike threat looms.
– Kevin Falcon cares about your convenience
– Victoria: love the weather, not the street people
– Americans move to Canada (less than vice-versa)
– Canadians work more for less
– Canadians no longer spending like ‘drunken sailors‘
– Loonie predicted to drop
– Canada from a Hawaiian perspective
– Will gas prices kill the suburbs?
So what are you seeing out there? Post your news, links and anecdotes here and have an excellent weekend!
note: any conversation on real estate or economics is allowed, please keep it civilized. when posting articles please only quote pertinent points and link to the original instead of pasting the entire article here. Pasting a link will automatically create a clickable hot-link. Thanks!