With more and more noise in the media about Vancouver real estate being overpriced you may be surprised to find a local real estate investment that appears quite inexpensive by comparison – The Timeshare. Vlad writes in to share his experience:
I’ve made a costly mistake – I bought a timeshare from Point To Point Destinations (PTP Destinations, West Coast Timeshare) in Vancouver, BC and I regret it ever since. Check the facts before you buy a timeshare from any company to avoid making the same mistake I did.
I posted my experience and facts on this web site: TimeshareRevealed.com Please go to the “Investment Calculator” page, it is more than just a calculator. There I share facts about the following:
• Real cost of timeshare comparing to an investment.
• Examples from eBay about resell value.
• How it can be cheaper to buy for cash.
• Maintenance fees of a timeshare comparing to a condo.
• Transaction and other fees.
• Assets value of the company comparing to the cost of the shares.
• Using points for car rentals, cruises, airline tickets, entertainment and so on.
• Limitations of booking timeframe.
• Unused points taken away while maintenance fees not refunded.
• Deed and title.
• Using RCI membership for home resorts.
• Collections practices.
• The right of first refusal.
• How much of your money paid to sales representatives.
• PROFIT 100 guide compared to audited financial statements.
• Lack of warranties or guarantees.
I wish someone explained this to me before I bought my timeshare from Point To Point Destinations (PTP Destinations, West Coast Timeshare) in Vancouver, BC. During sales presentation I understood some of it much differently and I do not remember other important things mentioned at all. If I knew all this I would never buy it to begin with. I hope these facts will help you make your own decision.
Vlads website is at www.TimeshareRevealed.com