It’s that special time of year again, have you been naughty or nice? Either way you’ve earned some holiday time and we hope you’re enjoying (or soon to be enjoying) that time. Go ahead, grab a strong drink, we won’t judge.
Here’s our regular end of the week news round up and economic open topic discussion thread for the Christmas weekend. Whether you’re freaked out deep in debt, or jealous of the trappings of those who are, we hope you have a relaxing weekend.
And if you have to occasionally sneak away from the family and argue with a stranger on the internet, we’ll be here for you. Here are a few recent links to kick off the chat:
– Could a US style collapse happen here?
– IMF says Canada on course, but risks ‘elevated’
– BC immigration ‘surged’ by 10% last summer
– Canada’s housing market among the best
– Stock market ‘best since 1928’
– is saving money bad for Canada’s economy?
– sell the condo, move east and retire early
– should you give your 5 year old cash for Christmas?
– Got a grand? Get a house.
So what are you seeing out there? Post your news links, thoughts and anecdotes here and have an excellent weekend!