While some Canadian cities offer reasonable affordability compared to household incomes, Vancouver’s housing is, by any measure, highly overvalued and vulnerable to a sharp correction. Prices have risen 55% from their 2009 trough to a level 29% above their prior peak. The average home price reached nearly C$800,000 (according to CMHC).
- Sunshine Coast - is the real estate market shifting?All http://www.bigpacific.com/sunshinecoastm...-in-market Interesting article I just came across, but from May this year. Very upbeat forecast on real estate on the SC, contrarian view, or general consensus?
- Harper’s Election Promises & the Real Estate MarketYesterday, the Globe & Mail offered up an editorial that I felt worth posting here. Garth Turner, love him or hate him, has long posted the same sentiments about Finance Minister Joe Oliver vs Jim Flaherty at his blog The Greater Fool (Turner is a former Tory MP). Personally, I think it significant for the […]
- Foreign ownership "gee, dunno" trackerHi all, There's a lively debate on foreign ownership in the media, but the inevitable "nobody knows" acts as a giant reset button on policy change. "We shouldn't act until we have data" is a compelling line that excuses inaction. Regardless of whether foreign ownership turns out to be a big factor, this is a […]
- 2015 Bowen Island/Gulf Islands Sales StatsI created the Bowen Island sales stats table below based on data in the new Macdonald Realty ‘Market Hot Sheets’ which the company began producing this past December. Macdonald’s agents on BI are the mother and son team, Dee and Frazer Elliot. Macdonald Realty produces these ‘Market Hot Sheets’ once a month covering all the […]
- 2015 Sunshine Coast “$mill+” Property SalesYou have to admit that $million plus property sales on the Sunshine Coast are very consistent. Year-to-date sales are exactly the same over the last four years – 3. The one sale in January was up in Pender Harbour - a 1,400sf 3bed, 1bath waterfront home on 10 acres purchased for $2,500,000. This leaves the […]
- 2015 Sunshine Coast Land SalesJanuary to March land sales are up +62.5% vs last year year-to-date at 26 versus 16. Sales in the Gibsons led the pack up +50% over its nearest competitor – Pender Harbour (12 sales vs 6). SC Realtor© Kenan MacKenzie puts great store in vacant land sales. In his April 3rd ‘Real Estate Reflections', he […]
- 2015 Sunshine Coast Monthly Sales StatsI am three months late starting this thread, but this has its advantages. I have been able to cruise through a few SC Realtor newsletters, blogs, Twitter and Facebook feeds to really get a sense of how the 2015 market is unfolding. Who better to tell it like it is than those boots on the […]
- The Playoffs...bring em on.Woo - hoo, I'm happier than a pig in poo. 5 Canadian Teams make it into the playoffs! Oh, please, please, please don't have them paired off against each other in the first round!!!! I better post my brains out in the next week because after that I will be busy, busy, busy. My final […]
- Sunshine Coast – 2014 Real Estate Market SummaryI’ve pulled together has much Sunshine Coast 2014 year-end and historical sales data as I could find and created a number of tables and charts for your viewing and reviewing enjoyment. Let’s begin with that source of all data sources – the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver of which the Sunshine Coast is a […]
- Bowen Developer Sells Up...I understand that 40 acres of the Cape at Roger Curtis on Bowen are being offered for sale at $5.4million. No doubt this is because the forthcoming bylaw banning private docks at CRC has put the kybosh on developer plans for huge houses for the super rich, who would have been able to moor their […]
- Sunshine Coast - is the real estate market shifting?