While some Canadian cities offer reasonable affordability compared to household incomes, Vancouver’s housing is, by any measure, highly overvalued and vulnerable to a sharp correction. Prices have risen 55% from their 2009 trough to a level 29% above their prior peak. The average home price reached nearly C$800,000 (according to CMHC).
- Sunshine Coast & Bowen Island - 2014 Property AssessmentI prepared the images and tables for this post as soon as BC Assessments sent out its 2014 press release back in early January; however, I sat on the data because I wanted to see the Coast Reporter’s follow-up piece (its main weekly newspaper). In the past, the CR has reported on Sunshine Coast assessment values for areas outside of Gibsons and Sechelt; unfo […]
- Pricing Property in a Declining MarketHow do I put a value on my property so it will sell? Here are my thoughts on that question. In a booming market, the sky’s the limit; allow yourself to dream a little, but don’t be delusional. The tougher question is how do I price a property in a stagnant or declining market. 1. Do not waste everyone’s time by ‘testing’ the market. Persuading sellers to be […]
- Sunshine Coast Real Estate Market: A Seller's or Buyer's?It has been assumed by some that I am a renegade real estate agent - that's a not! This post should help remove any doubt. Before involving myself with VanPeak, I had never, ever looked at real estate sales stats. When I started looking at the REBGV’s monthly stats package for Sunshine Coast data, there were more than a few items I ignored because I did […]
- Sunshine Coast Property - What do you think?I was checking for new Sunshine Coast listings and price changes also appear in the data. One of those price changes caught my eye and I thought, “Wait, didn’t that property drop its price not that long ago?” So, where could I go to check that this was a second price drop? I can go here - www.univs.ca I’m not sure how long this website has been up, but I fir […]
- The Ping Pong Pricing ProtocolThe Ping Pong Pricing Protocol (PPPP)! 21st Century meet Real Estate Sales! Why waste time trying to figure out how much to list a property for! Why worry about market conditions, house size, location, location or location? Now, based on research at the University of Bigger Commissions (UBC) you can spend absolutely no time or energy and rake in the dough. R […]
- 2014 Sunshine Coast "$1Mill+" DET Home SalesThere was one million dollar plus home sale in January. Yep, a 100% increase in sales over January, 2013…LOL. Let the bells ring out and banners fly. The property that sold was up in Pender Harbour and I can imagine the seller is mopping his/her brow since it occurred in the Wittakers development which has gone nowhere since it launched in 2006. The home at […]
- 2014 Sunshine Coast Monthly Sales StatsThe Coast Reporter’s January 24, 2014 Real Estate Weekly included an extra Kenan MacKenzie “Real Estate Reflections” and I’ve decided it should kick off this new thread. It is quoted in its entirety and I’ve followed with a few reflections of my own. Quote:Optimism abounds for 2014 I write my opinions a fair bit in the column so I thought to start the year o […]
- 2014 Sunshine Coast Active ListingsThe 2014 Sunshine Coast active listings totals are beginning to get very interesting. Here are the totals for the end of December 2013, and the beginning and end of January and February 2014. I check and record the listings on a daily basis but have decided to just post the beginning and end of the month’s figures in my forum posts. Every month begins with a […]
- Opinions PleaseOK... first off... I am new here. Can I get input/opinions on this? I have been searching websites for Data or even mention of how the new Herb Laws will impact Canadian Real Estate. Not a partaker myself just observing the impact. Is this one of those things not mentioned or simply not on anyone's radar? The new laws were announced in Colorado and Wash […]
- Gulf Islands - help please?hi there - I'm trying to get some historical information from the last few years about the direction of prices on Bowen, Keats etc. My overall impression is that things are dropping, but VERY slowly, with some vendors showing a remarkable talent for sticking at the same price for over a year +++ with no offers. Any information gratefully received!
- Sunshine Coast & Bowen Island - 2014 Property Assessment