While some Canadian cities offer reasonable affordability compared to household incomes, Vancouver’s housing is, by any measure, highly overvalued and vulnerable to a sharp correction. Prices have risen 55% from their 2009 trough to a level 29% above their prior peak. The average home price reached nearly C$800,000 (according to CMHC).
- Bowen Developer Sells Up...I understand that 40 acres of the Cape at Roger Curtis on Bowen are being offered for sale at $5.4million. No doubt this is because the forthcoming bylaw banning private docks at CRC has put the kybosh on developer plans for huge houses for the super rich, who would have been able to moor their […]
- Squamish Bankruptcy Rommel ConstructionAnother bankruptcy leaves victims in it's wake. http://www.csvan.com/corporate/Rommel.%2...ackage.pdf
- Sunshine Coast Realtor© Marketing...you say what!I’ve stumbled onto a Sunshine Coast Realtor© January 28, 2015 blog post that included the image below. Now, how would you interpret this data? This is a simple vertical bar chart, right? Along the top it says “Office” and “Numbers of MLS Sales for 2014” and then we have 8 Sunshine Coast Realty Offices vertically […]
- Wakefield Construction BankruptHere’s how news broke on the Sunshine Coast this past Wednesday... Quote:Wakefield Construction bankruptcy ‘a great loss’ Rik Jespersen, The Local Weekly, Sechelt. January 21, 2015. The local construction industry has been rocked by the financial collapse of Wakefield Construction, one of the Sunshine Coast’s biggest and most prolific building companies. Word leaked out Jan. […]
- Food for thought from the Daily Telegraph (UK)two of these charts concern us: the decline in economic growth in China, and the decline in Chinese property prices: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econo...t-now.html Might Vancouver be considered a "fourth tier" Chinese property market? Jimmy
- VIREB - 2013 Buyer Profile (Released Aug '14)The Vancouver Island Real Estate Board released its 2013 Buyer Profile at the end of July/beginning of August which I discovered and downloaded the other day when I grabbed the August stats package. I presented data from the 2005-2012 Buyer Profiles back on July 20, 2013. I am going to take a look at the […]
- HPI? BFD!Given the ever-present, and insistent, discourse about the HPI and its importance as evidence of continuing real-estate-market strength in the lower British Columbia mainland market, I felt that I should point out something that is inherent in the HPI: it is a LAGGING indicator! So, get out your notebooks boys and girls and find your […]
- New Developments and PresalesHey everyone, There are many sale center for new condos and developments all over GVA (Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, Surrey, etc). This is my question for everybody here: What are the metrics, or information that you look at, when you visit the new condo sale centers? I will start off with my list: 1. Developer (reputation, […]
- Southern Gulfs - worm turning? Tipping Point?Guys Update on where I'm looking - headlines followed by very brief, kindergarten-level analysis, ie nowhere near Skook's incredible levels of scrutiny: Headlines: - inventory at a three year-high (85 properties for sale in my search area) EDIT** - now at 87 as of Saturday 7/5/14...** - one or two properties now on offer at […]
- A Message from SkookThis is a difficult note to write because I tend to be very private when it comes to personal matters; however, to truly understand my silence this past month and what lies ahead I believe I must tell more than I would like to. I am a very sick little marsupial. Two days ago, I […]
- Bowen Developer Sells Up...