A relocation company has some Vancouver resident budget “case studies” to help people get over the idea that Vancouver may be too expensive to live in. Among their suggestions:
- $1225/month rent is not out of line for a $36,000/year salary.
- a single female can get a month’s groceries in Kits for $170
- interest rates never go up
- unexpected expenses only hit those who plan for them
- nobody has existing debt that needs servicing outside a mortgage
They’re like Peter Pan; if they just wish hard enough, Vancouver will be a great place for lower-middle class people to live.