It’s that time of the year for predicting the future, and no year looks to be more exciting than 2013! It costs nothing to enter, but winning gives you title of the “golden bear award” and vancouvercondo.info notoriety.
The details are over at vancouverpeak.com, however I have outlined the rules below here.
I will be recording all entries up until the deadline on January 26th.
One entry set per person. You will need to come up with a handle. ‘Anonymous’ won’t be accepted.
- You can guess for any or all of the categories below.
- You can guess for any or all of the items within a category.
- You can guess for June’13 and December’13.
- You can change your guesses before the deadline.
- All data are from REBGV official reports.
- Points are awarded for each item, for first, second, and third closest to the actual number, for both June and December. See vancouverpeak for the schedule.
Categories are as follows:
Category 1: Aggregate, percent change from December 2012
-Greater Vancouver Composite MLS-HPI
-Greater Vancouver SFD MLS-HPI
-Greater Vancouver Apartment MLS-HPI
Category 2: Average, percent change from December 2012
-Greater Vancouver detached average
-Greater Vancouver attached average
-Greater Vancouver apartments average
Category 3: Regional SFD MLS-HPI, percent change from December 2012
- Burnaby South SFD
- Coquitlam SFD
- North Van SFD
- New West SFD
- West Van SFD
- Van East SFD
- Van West SFD
- Richmond SFD
December 2012 data are available at
Entries can be sent to me via
- a comment on the vancouverpeak thread
- PM on vancouverpeak (jesse) or realestatetalks (jesse1)
- a comment at http://housing-analysis.blogspot.ca
- a comment here at vancouvercondo.info (make sure I confirm you have been entered as I may not scan all the comments)
Entry deadline is 12:01am PST on Saturday January 26, 2013.
(I won’t be participating due to conflict of interest but I’ll put in my predictions in the comments section.)