It’s that time of the week again, time for another Friday Free-for-all!
This is our regular end of the week news round up and open topic discussion thread for the weekend, here are a few recent links to kick off the chat:
–what happening with housing policy?
–what could be done for housing?
–20% of homeless have jobs
–risk of housing bubble
–lose 25% of buying power?
So what are you seeing out there? Post your news links, thoughts and anecdotes in the comments below and have an amazing weekend!
A relocation company has some Vancouver resident budget “case studies” to help people get over the idea that Vancouver may be too expensive to live in. Among their suggestions:
- $1225/month rent is not out of line for a $36,000/year salary.
- a single female can get a month’s groceries in Kits for $170
- interest rates never go up
- unexpected expenses only hit those who plan for them
- nobody has existing debt that needs servicing outside a mortgage
They’re like Peter Pan; if they just wish hard enough, Vancouver will be a great place for lower-middle class people to live.